Monday, March 29, 2010

The American Astronaut


The American Astronaut is a film by writer/director Cory McAbee and is unlike anything you've ever seen. THat's not entirely true, it immediately summons feelings as far back as 50's sci-fi, elements of David Lynch, deep cinematography and incredible musical numbers. I'm late to the game on Cory's work, but I'm happy to spread the word about this great film. A long time movie fan, I find what appeals to me most these days is the unexpected or new image. This movie is certainly filled with that and reminded me to not take films so seriously sometimes as I often do. That' not to say this is some silly-fest of nothing it's great. Recently Cory created another great web series for Sundance, "Stingray Sam". It continues the unique vein/vision of Astronaut but start here. Again, highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment